Rio de Janeiro, Brasília
+55 21 3262-3031
Rua Lauro Müller, 116 – 25th floor Condomínio do Edifício Rio Sul Center Botafogo – Rio Janeiro, RJ – Brazil - 22.290-906
Paulo Renato Barroso is a partner in Campos Mello of the Public Law and Governmental Affairs practice, based in Rio de Janeiro.
Paulo has acted as general counsel of an Oil and Gas company, focused on high technology. Paulo Renato has in-depth knowledge in government contracts and public procurement proceedings. His practice includes advice to foreign and national companies on structuring and developing their activities in Brazil, including investment in partnership negotiations.
Over the last years, Paulo Renato has intensively focused his practice on civil, business, and corporate litigation, assisting financial institutions, O&G and telecom companies in judicial proceedings across the country. Paulo Renato also has expertise in consumer, corporate and real estate law, acquired during his career as an in-house corporate lawyer and as partner of renowned law firms in Brazil.
• Advising a Norwegian company in its expansion to Brazil and signing of charter agreements in a value of 1 billion dollars with Petrobras for FPSO services
• Advising a real estate company to set up its operation in Rio de Janeiro State in value of 100,000 million reais
• Advising a creation of an oil company in Brazil and its registration before ANP (National Agency of Petroleum) in a value of 500 million dollars
• Advising a settlement negotiation of a lawsuit regarding an airplane crash compensation in the total claim of 10 million dollars
• Advising a block trade sell of a minority stake in a public listed company at B3 (Brazilian Stock Exchange) in a value of 60 million dollars
• Advising a creation of an investment fund focused of an Oil & Gas sector in Brazil in a value of 200 million reais
• Advising the purchase and sale of economic rights over soccer players in a value of 10 million dollars
• Due diligence and monitoring of more than 10,000 lawsuits spread all over Brazil related to a retail company restructuring.
• “Execution of Electronic Documents” in Direito e Tecnologia, Editora Liber Ars, 2019.
• “Sport’s Court According to the 1988 Constitution and Pele Law” in Projeto Novos Autores, Centro Universitário da Tijuca, 2000.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Economics and Government Relations from the Fundação Getúlio Vargas in Brasília, Federal District (in progress).
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from the Law School of the State University of Rio de Janeiro.
• São Paulo
• Rio de Janeiro