- 30 Mar 2020
Legal Practice Areas
We are used to deal with a broad range of regulatory matters, advising Brazilian and international companies of all sizes in many industry sectors, such as aerospace and defense, financial and banking services, energy, hospitality and leisure, infrastructure, life sciences and media.
Among the regulatory-related services we provide to our clients, we highlight:
• General consultancy on regulatory matters, including assistance and representation of companies before regulatory agencies, such as ANATEL (telecommunications), ANEEL (electric energy), ANP (oil and gas), ANTAQ (maritime transportation), ANTT (ground transportation) and ANVISA (health), among others.
• Planning and structuring of business operations aligned with regulatory aspects.
• Drafting and negotiation of contracts and agreements with regulatory-related clauses.
• Preparation of legal opinions on regulatory matters.
Several members in our team have longtime experience with a diversity of regulatory issues while others have worked for years in government agencies and state-owned companies, a privilege that translates to a deep understanding of the Brazilian government’s point of view, undoubtedly an important differential in developing strategies for the benefit of our clients.
In the realm of government procurement, which involves bidding procedures, we can tailor our services to the client’s needs to encompass:
• Assistance and representation of companies in high profile public bidding procedures and tenders related to public-private partnership (PPP) projects, concessions, permits and authorizations.
Preparation and analysis of administrative contracts and agreements entered into with the government.
• General legal assistance during the performance of public contracts.
• Representation of companies in litigation concerning public bids and public administration issues.
• Preparation of legal opinions, risk evaluation, strategy and policies related to public administration issues.
• Direct negotiations with governmental agencies.
As a high point of our experience, we had the opportunity to participate in relevant government procurement conducted by the Brazilian armed forces in recent years, by assisting international companies throughout the entire bidding and negotiation process of contracts which will be performed throughout the next decades.
Our practice has been recognized by leading publications that rank firms and lawyers based on the feedback from clients:
• One of the most admired full service Brazilian firms, recognized in Infrastructure and Regulatory
Análise Advocacia 500: 2013 and 2019