Rio de Janeiro
T +55 21 3262 3025
Rua Lauro Müller, 116 – 25th floor Condomínio do Edifício Rio Sul Center Botafogo – Rio Janeiro, RJ – Brazil - 22.290-906
#insolvency #restructuring #arbitration #litigation
Leandro Saboia Rinaldi de Carvalho is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados’ Insolvency and Restructuring practice, based in Rio de Janeiro. He has extensive experience in judicial reorganization and bankruptcy proceedings, litigation, and credit recovery. His work includes responsibility for important restructuring cases, being responsible for strategies definition, drafting restructuring plans, opinions, motions and appeals, appointment with judges and oral arguments.
Leandro is a former professor of Bankruptcy Law at Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC), where he taught in the LLM programs. Before joining Campos Mello Advogados in 2016, he was a solo practitioner, and also worked on firms like Guerra & Doin Advogados and Brasil, Pereira Neto, Galdino e Macedo Advogados.
• Recommended Lawyer in Insolvency and Restructuring
The Legal 500: 2017
• Representing a Brazilian Retailer Company in restructuring a debt of R$350 million in a judicial proceeding.
• Representing a Brazilian Automobile Retailer Company in restructuring a debt of R$400 million in a judicial proceeding.
• Advising a Brazilian Dietary Supplement Retailer Company in restructuring a debt of R$ 40 million in a judicial restructuring proceeding.
• Representing clients before the Superior Court of Justice in several conflicts of jurisdiction in Insolvency Matters.
• Representing a Brazilian Engineering Services Company in restructuring a debt of R$ 7 million in a judicial proceeding.
• Representing a Brazilian Bank as creditor (R$ 60 million) in a judicial restructuring proceeding filed by a pharmaceutical industry.
• Representing a Brazilian Bank as a creditor (R$ 50 million) in a judicial restructuring proceeding filed by a pharmaceutical industry.
• Representing the a Danish Company as a creditor (R$ 16 million) in a judicial restructuring proceeding file by an oil company.
• Representing an American Clothing Supplier as a creditor in a judicial restructuring file by a Brazilian Retailer.
• Representing a Portuguese Company as creditor in a restructuring proceeding filed by a food industry.
• Advising a South Korean Company in matters related to the judicial restructuring filed by a turbine manufacturer company.
• Advising an American Company in repossessing an aircraft in Brazil;
• Representing a Brazilian Shipping Company as a defendant in a judicial proceeding filed by a Maritime Cranes Supplier, seeking the annulment of an arbitral award, invoking breach of due process of law.
• Representing a German and a Luxembourgish Cargo Airlines in lawsuits filed by clients involving civil liability.
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Rio de Janeiro, Committee for Insolvency Matters
Master of Law in Corporate Law, Universidade Candido Mendes, 2003.
B.A. in Law, Universidade Candido Mendes, 1998
Rio de Janeiro