São Paulo, Londres
T +55 11 3077 3507
Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 360 - 10th floor Vila Nova Conceição - São Paulo, SP - Brazil 04543-000
São Paulo, Londres
+44 7478 568 672
160 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HT - United Kingdom
Marcella is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados who heads the Insurance and Reinsurance practice, based in São Paulo.
Marcella has vast national and international experience in insurance, including advising clients on contentious and non-contentious matters, such as complex corporate transactions, high level claims handling and insurance regulatory matters in Brazil and the UK. Marcella focuses her practice on transactions, claims and insurance regulatory law, including:
• Mergers & acquisitions, including regulatory approvals;
• Joint ventures, transfer of portfolios and corporate reorganisations;
• Complex reinsurance structures;
• Claims handling and coverage issues;
• Formation and licensing of insurance and reinsurance companies, intermediaries and related regulatory and corporate approvals;
• All aspects of (re)insurance regulation, compliance, corporate governance and market conduct;
• Establishment and review of distributions systems and networks, including structuring arrangements with introducers;
• Licensing of foreign reinsurers in Brazil and related regulatory and corporate approvals;
• Developing compliance systems and controls, underwriting and operating guidelines;
• Insurance and reinsurance product and programme design and review;
• Compliance, enforcement and disciplinary actions and any regulatory matters before SUSEP.
• Marcella is recognized as an “Acritas Star – independently rated lawyer”. 2018 and 2019
“She has an extensive knowledge of the matter. She is very fast to answer queries. The quality of her work, language, content. “
• Recommended lawyer in Insurance
The Legal 500: 2018
• Co-authored articles for the Insurance Update – 2015 Year End Review and Forecast for 2016 and Insurance Update – 2016 Year End Review and Forecast for 2017 published by DLA Piper
• Opinião.Seg Magazine – “The relevance of Compliance programs for the insurance market”, 8th edition.
• Opinião.Seg Magazine – “New Paths in Risk Sharing Between Insurers and Pension Funds”, 14th Edition
• 20 anos da Lei nº 9.613 de 1998 Magazine – “20 years of Law No. 9,613 and anti-money laundering efforts by the Brazilian Insurance market”
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), State of São Paulo
• Member and Co-chair of the Insurance Committee of Lex Anglo Brazil since 2015.
• Dedicated to a number of pro bono matters, including leading a project to support children victim of child abuse and obtaining UK citizenship for children born and living in the UK for more than 10 years.
• Marcella now leads the pro bono initiative at Campos Mello Advogados.
University College London, LLM International Business Law.
Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado, São Paulo, Brazil, Bachelor in Laws (LL.B.)
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), State of São Paulo