Rio de Janeiro
T +55 21 3262 3029
Rua Lauro Müller, 116 – 25th floor Condomínio do Edifício Rio Sul Center Botafogo – Rio Janeiro, RJ – Brazil - 22.290-906
#employment #pensions #benefits #labor
Marcio Meira de Vasconcellos is a partner at Campos Mello Advogados’ Labor practice, based in Rio de Janeiro. He has an extensive practice on managing and monitoring strategic activities focused on labor, employment, pensions and benefits matters.
His experience also includes assistance on due diligences, participation on mergers and acquisitions procedures, employees transfer and expatriates matters. Marcio also participates on negotiations with unions regarding collective bargaining agreements and has extensive experience on collective rights and HR procedures.
Marcio assists Brazilian and international companies, such as one of the biggest energy companies in Brazil, as well as infrastructure, real state and oil and gas corporations in litigation, consultancy and advisory matters. Marcio joined Campos Mello Advogados as an associate, becoming a partner of the firm on January 2016.
• Representing foreign oil & gas companies in 150 labor lawsuits or so as well as in procedures before the Public Prosecutor’s Office. Also participating in negotiations with unions´ representatives.
• Representing an American Airlines in many lawsuits (around 400) filed by employees involving labor liability. Doing consulting about outsourcing activities, hazardous work conditions, overtime work, and also using specific tools for the aviation industry such as lie detector and safety procedures. Negotiation with unions´ representatives about the collective bargaining agreement clauses.
• Representing a Major Brazilian beverage company in a R$ 22 million labor claim, in which was requested the payment of an indemnification for moral damages and occupational illness.
• Representing a Major Brazilian energy company in lawsuits filed by employees (around 180), in R$ 45 million class actions, in public civil actions and also in suits that challenged the constitutionality of laws involving the energy industry.
• Representing a Brazilian construction company in lawsuits (around 150) and also in public civil action filed by the Rio de Janeiro State Prosecutor’s Office due to its failure to hire interns/trainees.
• Recommended Lawyer in Labor
The Legal 500: 2017
• Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro Chapter
Post-Graduation in Labor Law and Procedure, Universidade Candido Mendes (UCAM)
Specialization in Comparative Labor Law Policy, The London School of Economics and Political Science
B.A. in Law, Universidade Candido Mendes (UCAM)
Rio de Janeiro