Labor and Pensions
Maurício is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper of the Employment & Benefits practice, based in São Paulo.
Tanabe is specialized in Brazilian Labor and Social Security Law, with focus on collective labor matters and union relations. He provides legal assistance in negotiations and collective matters such as negotiation of Profit-Sharing Plans, collective bargaining agreements, roundtables, strikes, collective dismissal, restructuring process, mediations and labor disputes involving unions and labor authorities. He also provides legal advice on employment matters, immigration and outsourcing structures.
He works in reference cases for leading Energy, Oil and Gas, Telecommunications, Maritime and Technology companies.
It is also worth mentioning that Mauricio teaches Complex Negotiation Strategies for postgraduate, LLM and MBA at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV). In addition, he also teaches at COGEAE of Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP) and at CEPED of Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ). Besides, as well as visiting professor at Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications – BUPT, at Shanghai Jantong University and Hong Kong University, always lecturing about complex negotiations in Latin America.
Tanabe was a partner at Tauil & Chequer Law Firm, associated with Mayer Brown, responsible for Employment & Benefits practice in Latin America. He was also a partner at TozziniFreire Law Firm in Employment and Social Security practice. Besides, Mauricio was a Labor Legal Manager at Telecom companies, being responsible for Labor litigation and Preventive Consultancy, giving support in collective bargaining agreement negotiations, management of outsourcing contracts, as well as occupational health and safety services. He has also developed his labor and employment skills at Demarest and Machado Meyer Law firms.
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo Chapters
• Member of the São Paulo Engineering Association
• Up & Coming in Labour & Employment
Chambers Latin America: 2018, 2019,2020 and 2021
• Ranked in “Advocacia 500”: 2017, 2018 and 2019
• PhD candidate in Doctorate in Business Administration – on going – at ESC Rennes in association with FGV/EBAPE, Rio de Janeiro
• Program on Negotiation in Harvard Law School in 2010
Master degree (MSc) in International Management at FGV/EBAPE, Rio de Janeiro in 2008
• Specialization degree in Labor and Social Security Law from the School of Law at São Paulo University (USP), in 2000
• Specialization in Labor Litigation Matters from the School of Law of São Paulo Bar Association (OAB), in 2000
• Undergraduate law degree from the School of Law at São Paulo University (USP), in 2000