Rafael Jordão Bussière is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper of the Real Estate practice. He works predominantly in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Brasília. He is also Deputy Managing Partner of the Rio de Janeiro office.
With 15 years’ experience, Rafael specializes in Real Estate. He advises domestic and international companies, with special emphasis on the development of large-scale real estate projects, hospitality and leisure, built-to-suit, construction, and infrastructure.
Rafael has also worked on important projects related to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games and revitalization of Rio de Janeiro’s harbor area, known as Porto Maravilha (Marvelous Port), as well as the most relevant hotel projects in Brazil.
Furthermore, he is a member of IBRADIM (the Brazilian Real Estate Law Institute), and of GRI Club.
Rafael began his career in 2001 as a trainee at Barbosa, Müssnich e Aragão Advogados, working at the Corporate Department. In 2002, he joined Motta, Fernandes Rocha Advogados, also as a trainee, working on real estate law and other fields, such as civil law and probate & family law. There, he became an associate in 2005.
In January 2010, he joined Campos Mello Advogados, where he stayed until June 2019, when he was invited to serve as Special Advisor to the Secretariat of Coordination and Governance of the Real Estate Assets of the Union, of Brazil’s Ministry of the Economy. During his period with the Federal Government, he provided relevant services related to modernizing the management and rationalizing the use of the government’s real properties, with a leading role in the creation and passing of Law No. 14.011/20.
In October 2020, Rafael returned to Campos Mello Advogados
• Recommended Lawyer in Real Estate
The Legal 500: 2016, 2023
Who’s Who Legal – Brazil: 2021 and 2022
• Next Generation Lawyer in Real Estate
The Legal 500: 2017 and 2018
• Up & Coming in Real Estate
Chambers Latin America: 2018 and 2019
• Chambers Brazil Transactional
Real Estate: 2023
• Post-Graduate in Corporate Law, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), 2009
• B.A. in Law, Universidade Candido Mendes (UCAM) , 2005.
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo Chapters
• Director at IBRADIM Rio de Janeiro (the Brazilian Real Estate Law Institute)
• Member at Legislative Affairs Commission – Brazilian Bar Association Rio de Janeiro Chapter (OAB – RJ)
• LatAm Practice Group Co-Leader – Real Estate at DLA Piper
Seja bem-vindo ao melhor conteúdo do CMA.
Vamos enviar somente informativos relevantes e do seu interesse.