+55 11 3077 3591
Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 360 - 10th floor Vila Nova Conceição - São Paulo, SP - Brazil 04543-000
#whitecollar #compliance #investigation #cybersecurity
Ricardo advises individuals and corporations in white-collar crimes issues, compliance and corporate investigations.
He has extensive experience in corporate criminal litigation, especially in cases related to crimes against the Tax Order, the Environment, the National Finance System, the Public Administration, and the fair competition.
Ricardo has also acted in several projects that required legal advice on the Brazilian criminal legislation by means of the elaboration of memoranda, legal opinions, and revision of corporate policies to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing.
In compliance, he works drafting memoranda and legal opinions on compliance risks, conducting corporate investigations in the context of leniency agreement programs signed between companies and law enforcement agencies, drafting, reviewing and updating corporate policies and procedures and conducting compliance audits in M&A projects.
• Co-author of the Brazilian chapter of the “The Investigations Review of the Americas”, published by the Global Investigation Review, 2019 and 2020
• Co-author of the article “Internet, a essência de tudo” published by the newspaper O Globo, 2019.
• Co-author of the article “Eduardo Bolsonaro, uma exceção à regra?” published by the newspaper O Estado de São Paulo, 2019.
• Author of the article “WhatsApp data access in cases of arrest in flagrante delicto”, published by Legal Ethics and Compliance, 2017.
• Member of the Brazilian Bar Association, Sections São Paulo (OAB/SP) and Rio de Janeiro (OAB/RJ)
• Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
• Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
• Member of the Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM)
• Legal Director of the ACFE Brazilian Chapter (2020/2022)
• Member of the Digital Compliance Committee of the Legal Ethics and Compliance Institute (LEC)
• Coordinator of the White-Collar Crimes sub-group of the Criminal Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association, Subsection of Pinheiros/SP (2019/2021)
• Member of the Criminal Procedures Especial Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association, Section of São Paulo (2019/2021)
• Masters Business Administration in Compliance and Fraud Risks Management: Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA), 2019
• Specialization in Compliance: Instituto Ensino e Pesquisa (INSPER), 2016
• Post-graduate Degree in White-Collar and Corporate Crime Law: Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra e Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM), 2014
• Post-graduate Degree in Criminal Law and Procedure: Universidade Anhanguera-Uniderp e Instituto Panamericano de Política Criminal, 2012
• Law Degree: Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo, 2009