Compliance and Investigation, Cybersecurity, Corporate Criminal
Ricardo Caiado is a partner in Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper of the white-collar crimes issues, compliance and corporate investigations practices, based in São Paulo.
Ricardo advises individuals and corporations in anticorruption compliance, corporate investigations, and white-collar crimes issues.
He has extensive experience in compliance matters by drafting memoranda and legal opinions on compliance risks, conducting corporate investigations in the context of leniency agreement programs signed between companies and law enforcement agencies, drafting, reviewing, and updating corporate policies and procedures and conducting ABC due diligences in M&A projects.
He also advises clients in corporate criminal litigation, especially in cases related to crimes against the Tax Order, the Environment, the National Finance System, the Public Administration, and the fair competition. He has acted in several projects that required legal advice on the Brazilian criminal legislation by means of the elaboration of memoranda, legal opinions, and revision of corporate policies to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing.
• International Bar Association (IBA)
• Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM)
• Association of Certified Fraud Investigators (ACFE)
• Legal Director of the ACFE Brazilian Chapter (2020/2021)
• Digital Compliance Committee of the Legal Ethics and Compliance Institute (LEC)
• Criminal Procedures Especial Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association, Section of São Paulo (2019/2021)
• Coordinator of the White-Collar Crimes sub-group of the Criminal Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association, Subsection of Pinheiros/SP (2019/2021)
• Masters Business Administration in Compliance and Fraud Risks Management: Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA), 2019
• Specialization in Compliance: Instituto Ensino e Pesquisa (INSPER), 2016
• Post-graduate Degree in White-Collar and Corporate Crime Law: Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra e Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (IBCCRIM), 2014
• Post-graduate Degree in Criminal Law and Procedure: Universidade Anhanguera-Uniderp e Instituto Panamericano de Política Criminal, 2012
• Law Degree: Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo, 2009